Sunday, April 20, 2014

MAC Playland Collection Review


MAC Playland Collection was released at MAC Counters on 4/17/14. From the swatches online I knew that I had to wait to view this collection in stores in order to be convinced that the colors would be unique to my collection. Here is what I purchased:



Genuine orange chromographic pencil:
This pencil is for the lip area only. It is described as a bright orange, but shows up as more of a muted yellow toned orange. It is much better than MAC's previously popular orange liner named Entertain Me, which is more of a red orange. In the top left pic I used the pencil alone and in the top right photo I lined my lips with MAC Auburn liner. In the bottom left picture I added MAC morange to the center of the Genuine orange and Auburn liners. I am excited to play with this pencil this spring/summer.

Playland lipstick:
Playland is described as a frosted yellow gold. I do not have anything like it and it is unique to my collection. I have yet to identify a similar lip color. I know that Makeup Forever makes a gold lipstick but it is more of a bronze gold. I lined my lips with MAC hodgepodge liner after applying the Playland Lipstick. I plan to layer this lipstick and have fun wearing it alone! It looks great alone and these impromptu pictures does this color no justice.

Toying Around lipstick:
Toying Around is described as a hot coral pink. This is a very unique color to my collection and it is perfect for spring/summer. When paired with a pink liner, it appears more coral and a red liner brings out the pink. I paired this lipstick with MAC Basic Red liner. This will be a fun color to practice we

 
Sweet Experience Lipstick:
Sweet Experience is described as a bright pink with an amplified finish. It is less frosty than MAC St. Germaine and more frosty than MAC Snob, it seems to be their lovechild or a cross between the two permanent colors. I paired it with MAC Hodgepodge liner in the pic and I plan to play with various liners in the future.

I think this is one of the most exciting MAC collections since the Punk Couture collection in December. In terms of uniqueness, the must-haves of this collection are the Genuine Orange pencil and the Playland lipstick. What are your thoughts on the collection? Were you able to pick up anything? Feel free to leave questions or comments below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment