Monday, September 30, 2013

Same Script, Different Cast

The most common question that people ask me is "does this go with this" or what color shoes/accessories should I wear with this outfit. Everyone has a unique sense of style, so while most of us shop in ready-to-wear collections, we worry about having the same apparel items as others. In fashion, that matters not, execution counts the most, the way in which you accessorize and pull your look together. With this in mind, two weekends ago, I challenged myself to wear the same accessories all weekend long. I chose a pink Aldo clutch, a fuschia belt, a nude pair of classic Jessica Simpson pumps, and a handmade pair of giraffe print earrings. I paired these items with a different dress each day, for a different occasion (hence the post's title - same script, different cast).

 
 

 


 

On Friday, I met a friend from college at happy hour for drinks.
Dress: Macy's
Belt: Lane Bryant
Clutch: Aldo
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

On Saturday, I went to a fight party and bar-hopped the night away with my best friend Jasmine (pictured below).
Dress: Asos



On Sunday, I went to a lounge.
Dress: Asos
 
 
The challenge was fun and I really enjoyed it. The bottom line is that you can limit your accessories if necessary (i.e. when going on vacation or downsizing your fashion budget or living space) if you plan your outfits carefully, and you do not have to match your belt to your shoes (people still ask me if it is ok if your accessories do not match, and I actually prefer that mine do not match). Remember fashionistas, fashion is a matter of preference and opinion, not rules, so have fun and wear what you love!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely worked those accessories!

    www.24plusstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! My apologies for the late response, I am trying to keep up with all of the google plus changes lol!

      Delete