Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monthly Empties - January

I did not use up a lot of products during the month of January. It was a vey slow month for me as it was too cold for me to really enjoy life! This has been the longest, coldest winter ever! I am adjusting better this month so I will have a longer list for February. Nonetheless, here is what I used up:

Vaseline Spray & Go - This product was featured in a recent monthly favorites post. I finished this product in January and I have already repurchased another can. I really like this lotion especially for when I am in a hurry to get somewhere. It goes on quickly and dries quickly. If you dispense the product and too much of it comes out you're not stuck for 5 minutes trying to absorb the extra product as you would with creamy formulas. It is very moisturizing on my skin. To give you an idea, my skin does not dry out quickly and I can "get away with" skipping lotion during the warmer months, though I would never do such a thing. I hope that explanation helps you to understand my skin type in case you were wondering about the moisturizing properties of this lotion. I like that the spray does not leave a heavy texture or coated feeling on my skin. It also doesn't display a slick shiny appearance on my skin. If you prefer shinier skin, then you probably would not enjoy this product. Overall, I think this product is worth a try, especially if you've never experienced lotion application from an aerosol can.


Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask - I absolutely love this mask. It is thin in consistency, it does not have a heavy or distinct fragrance, and it leaves my hair super soft and moisturized after using it to deep condition. This mask retails for $25 per 8 oz and I always get it on sale. In the past I was able to get 4 uses out of one jar but now that my hair is longer I am only able to get 3 uses per jar. Whether on sale or purchased at full price I can not justify buying anything that I can only use 3 times, thus at this time I do not plan to repurchase and unfortunately I do not have any back ups of this product in my stash. I have plenty of deep conditioners and I feel that I need to use all of them before I repurchase the more expensive ones.



I discarded the following products before finishing:

ELF blushes - I had 3 blushes from ELF for which I paid $3 each and owned for more than 2 years and never used them. I had the colors pink passion, fuchsia fusion, and blushing rose. These products have more shimmer than I prefer (glitter-like shimmer) and the formula tends to appear chalky when applied to the skin. A lot of people compare these blushes to MAC or NARS because side by side when both products are in their respective containers they look similar, however the performance is not comparable. I do not think that these blushes are dupes for any high-end blush and I would not repurchase another ELF blush in this formula, nor would I recommend these blushes to others. There are other drug store brands that are worth a try, but I do not have a recommendation at this time. 



ELF precision liquid liner - the brush/applicator of this liquid liner is too thick for my preference. The width of the applicator reminds me of that of a standard nail polish brush. The product is very "wet" in formula and does not dry matte. It smudges and it transfers to the top portion of my hooded eyes. If you have trouble applying liquid liner or have hooded eyes, or prefer a matte finish for eye liner I would not recommend this product. I do not plan to repurchase this product.



Bear Fruit Hair Mango Macadamia Conditioner - this product started to collect mold. It is advisable to keep some natural hair products refrigerated and I keep most of mine in a small beverage refrigerator, but I took this one out and took my time about using it and it was molded when I got around to trying to use it so I threw it away. Most products from the BearFruitHair line work well but they are expensive, the company rarely offers sales, and the product comes in these "cute" rectangular bottles that are impossible to use. I have to slice open the bottles and transfer the product to recycled jars from other companies just to be able to use these. I have a few other products from this company but I do not plan to repurchase. The packaging is an absolute deal breaker for me!


That is all for the month of January. I have already started compiling my February empties post so stay tuned for more product reviews. If you have opinions that you would like to express regarding any of these products or if you have additional questions or comments please feel free to leave them below. You can also email me at jarfullofglam@yahoo.com if you have additional inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment