Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day FOTD plus Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review


Hello JFOG Readers! I hope you enjoyed your Valentines Day! This marks the half-way point for February and this month is flying by! Last month during one of several trips to Sephora I picked up the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and decided to use it for the very first time to create a look for Valentines Day!

Here is what I used:
Mac spiked brow pencil and Coastal Scents camo palette to define my brows
Too Faced shadow insurance to prime lids
From the chocolate bar palette - Salted caramel as transition, semi-sweet in crease, marzipan in center of lid, gilded ganache on inner lid and outer lid, haute chocolate in between marzipan and gilded ganache on outer half of lid to create gradient effect, & triple fudge to deepen the crease
I used Elizabeth Mott smooth shadow eye pencil in pearl in my tear duct and on my lower lash line 
Lorac front of the line liquid liner for lash line
Urban decay perversion for waterline
Andrea #33 lashes
Lorac Special Effects mascara

Face:
Maybelline baby skin primer
LancĂ´me teinte idole ultra foundation in 460 suede
Mac Pro longwear concealer in nw40 set with Ben Nye banana powder
Lamik mineral powder in warm caramel to set foundation
Elf Turks and Caicos as contour
Mac stereo rose as highlight
Too Faced the perfect flush blush
Mac cork lip liner and mac viva glam nicki 2 lipstick


Palette Review:
 
What I love: the packaging is adorable! The shadows are packaged in a metal tin that is in the shape of a chocolate bar. The palette features 16 shades - 5 matte shades and the rest are primarily satin finishes with a few shimmery shades. There are neutral shades to wear during the day, warm shades to create smokey looks to wear at night, and a few fun colors to create dramatic looks. This palette has something for everyone! The shadows are made with cocoa powder, thus there is a faint smell of chocolate which adds a little more fancy to the palette. The colors in the palette have fun names centered around the chocolate theme. The shades in the palette also have great color payoff, are easy to blend, and there is minimal fall out. I did not experience any fall out with the 6 shadows that I used to create the look above. 

What I am not featuring: my only gripe about the palette is that the names of the shadows are not embossed into the palette as they normally are. The names are listed on a plastic film inside of the palette and you have to keep up with it in order to know the names of the shades. The name situation is a turn-off but not enough to bypass this product. 

Overall: I love this palette! I love the versatility and I love that I can create entire looks using this palette alone! I do not feel that I own another palette that is comparable. would definitely recommend the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette to others and I think it is a must-have in any collection.

1 comment: