Thursday, March 19, 2015

January/February 2015 Product Favorites

I spent January and February barely using things so my favorites list isn't as long as usual, and I have decided to combine the two months. Here is what made my heart go pitter patter during the past two months:

Tatcha one-step camellia cleansing oil - I love this oil for removing my makeup. It does not dry out my skin and it does a great job of preparing my face for my cleanser. It is very light so it does not leave a sticky residue behind, though it is not intended to be used alone or as a one-step cleanser. This product is available at Sephora


Tatcha rice enzyme powder - I love this gentle exfoliating powder. I have very sensitive skin and this powder is gentle enough for everyday use and it leaves the skin feeling soft and texture-free. I prefer to use it a few times per week to prevent over-exfoliating. This product is also available at Sephora.

Laura Mercier Flawless Fluid foundation - all of my sephora girls raved about this foundation since its release but I was a little late trying it. I absolutely love it. I set it with a mineral powder for a matte finish but it is a full coverage foundation with a natural finish. I wear the shade Pecan. Flawless Fluid melts right into the skin and it is not heavy and it is very easy to blend. It is long wearing and it does not separate or break up during the day. I tell my clients all the time that if you have to reapply your makeup throughout the day you should consider different products (from skincare to foundation). This foundation is available at Sephora. I am wearing it below. 




Bite Beauty Maraschino lipstick - I purchased this lipstick around the holidays at Sephora. It was in limited edition packaging and it is still available at a lot of Sephora locations, though you may have to ask an artist to get it for you. It is a matte luster finish. It lasts all day and is a unique shade of red. I am wearing it below.



Givenchy Mister Mat Primer - I love this primer! It helps my skin remain matte all day and keeps my makeup in place without drying out or irritating my sensitive skin. For super oily girls this primer can even be applied on top of makeup by tapping it lightly into the skin's oily areas to reduce shine. I have never needed to do that but I have demonstrated the technique on clients and they are always impressed with a primer that is able to do this. This primer is available at Sephora. 


Sephora Pro full coverage airbrush #53 - this brush is everything! Not only does it help to apply your foundation flawlessly and assists in providing a full coverage application, but this brush can be used to do your entire face. I've used it for foundation, highlight, contour, and for setting with powder one day when in a pinch. I recommend it to tons of clients and all of the sephora girls love using it on clients at our beauty studio!


GlamGlow ThirstyCleanse Hydrating Cleanser - I love this cleanser, especially for winter. It is everything that we love about the ThirstyMud Mask in a cleanser! It is very gentle, sulfate-free, so it does not dry out the skin, and it also safe to use with cleansing tools as it is not a physical cleanser (non-abrasive). This cleanser is great for all skin types, including oily and sensitive skin. It is available at Sephora.



Eco-Styler Argan Gel - This gel holds my edges so well. I have lived in buns and ponytails over the past couple of months (let us not discuss hair care right now) and this product has really come through for me. I can pile it on for about a week at a time before I over-do it and start to see flakes. That is awesome because gel is not intended to be layered in the hair for days at a time. When used correctly this gel is non-flaky, non-drying, alcohol and silicone-free so it does not pull moisture from the hair, and the hold is excellent. It does not build up in the hair and it washes out very easily with a conditioner cleanser. I purchased this product at a local beauty supply.


That is all for this month. Please stay tuned for more exciting posts and reviews! Please leave comments below or email me at jarfullofglam@yahoo.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment