Sunday, April 5, 2015

Lipstick Chronicles- Liquid Lipstick Review - Ulta Matte Lip Cream


Liquid Lipsticks are all the rave right now! It's the second hottest topic after contouring. Women are looking for lipsticks that will last all day and night without touch up, and most liquid lipsticks are designed to do just that. I will be reviewing quite a few liquid lipstick lines this spring so be sure to check back regularly. Below is a review of the Ulta matte lip creams that I recently purchased at Ulta during the buy 2 get 2 event. The first 4 that I purchased totaled to about $15 (they are $9 each and I had a $3.50 off coupon, thus I paid less than $4 for each lippie. The second set of 4 totaled to $12 since I had another coupon and I had $3 in rewards, so I paid less than $3 for each lipstick. There are 10 colors available at Ulta and I own 8 of them. I will show the swatches first (they are listed in the order as pictured above with Tender being first and Allusive last) and my overall review will be at the bottom.


Tender
A nude color (Paired with MAC Hodgepodge liner)

 
Vivid
A bright blue hued pink (paired with MAC Magenta liner)

 


Lively 
A neon pink. Paired with MAC Magenta liner


Passionate 
A classic red. Paired with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics liner in NSFW



Brilliant 
A bright orange. Paired with MAC Magenta liner


Striking 
A warm hued pink. Paired with MAC Magenta liner


Stirring 
A dark wine color
Top row is paired with MAC Burgundy liner
Bottom row is paired with MAC Currant liner


Allusive 
A deep plum color. Paired with MAC Currant liner


 
Overall Thoughts:
These lip creams dry to a matte finish and are fairly long wearing. I've worn them for work and by the end of my shift my lipstick was not as vibrant but it was still there. It did not break up as is characteristic of most liquid lipsticks. It is not transfer proof, so when I was eating it did get on my fingers if my fingers brushed against my lips. It takes a while to dry to a matte finish (10 minutes or more) so it is advisable to wait a few minutes between coats. If you are in a hurry, choose another lipstick for the day because I did find that I had to go in and perfect my liner after drying, plus I like to apply two coats for a vibrant look. You can safely apply more than one coat of this lipstick without negative side effects (extra coats do not adversely affect the wear of the lip stain). Overall, I like the range of colors, the formula, and the price, and I would definitely recommend to others. My favorite color is Stirring but I love them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment