Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall in Love with Stripes


Fall is officially here! I love stripes and they were great for summer. The good news is that stripes are still relevant for fall. A few weekends ago I challenged myself to wear stripes all weekend long. I chose three different pencil skirts and styled them in different ways.

On Friday, I met a friend for lunch. He was the worst photographer ever so I did not get many good pictures lol! I wore a black peplum top, a gold plated belt, and a camel and black striped skirt.
 
Top: Asos
Belt: Asos
Skirt: Dorothy Perkins
Bag: Michael Kors
Shoes: Tory Burch


On Saturday, I went to a meeting at church. I would have preferred to wear heels with this particular outfit but the meeting was four hours long so I opted for my fave flats. I did not have anyone to take my pictures for me so I had to rely on mirror selfies. I decided to mix "floral" with stripes. The annoying quotations are on the word floral because the print on the top is actually two-dimensional sequins but it reads as floral so that is what we shall call it.

Top: Simply Be
Skirt: Vince Camuto
Bag: Michael Kors
Shoes: Tory Burch


On Sunday, I went to 8:00 church service. This was my favorite outfit for the weekend. My belt is a regular belt that I purchased at Torrid 7 years ago, yes seven! I believe in taking care of my possessions lol! I turned it backwards so the buckles are in the back. That is another way to reinvent items in your wardrobe, try turning things backwards, and don't forget that we have already discussed putting tops over our dresses. I am planning on discussing in greater detail, ways to stretch your wardrobe, so stay tuned fashionistas! I have also had the tie for about seven years. A male friend gave it to me because I was incorporating ties into my wardrobe and he no longer needed it. It was already tied and I have kept it that way over the years.



 
Blazer: Torrid 
Top: Lane Bryant
Skirt: Vince Camuto
Heels: Jessica Simpson
 

 

 
I hope you fashionistas find different ways to incorporate stripes into your fall wardrobes. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below and feel free to follow me on instagram @chaneldior1913.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment