Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Monochromatic November - Part 1


My personal style challenge for this month was to feature monochromatic pieces (black and white) at least once per week. Here are the looks for the first two weeks of the month:
 

Week 1:
The first Friday of this month was alumni weekend for my undergrad alma mater and it was also Coleman Love weekend for members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. I met up with a few of my line sisters at Bambou Lounge to kick off the weekend. I opted for a completely monochromatic look with the only pop of color being from my clutch and earrings. I added a faux leather peplum belt to give it a little more fancy. I will be featuring that belt a lot this month. If you are interested in this season's faux leather trend but afraid to commit, I suggest a faux leather peplum belt which you can add to tons of outfits to up the ante as well as to wear an outfit that you have already worn in a different way. (Look out for my upcoming cumulative post suggesting ways to stretch your wardrobe).



Top: Asos
Belt: Simply Be
Skirt: Asos
Heels: Jessica Simpson


On Saturday night, I met a few of my line sisters and sorority sisters at Hudson Lounge to celebrate the end of the weekend. I wore a crop top with a high-waist pencil skirt and a peplum belt.






Crop Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Asos
Heels: Jessica Simpson
 
 
Week 2:
During the second weekend in November, I went to an all-white engagement party. It was freezing cold (below 59 degrees is freezing cold in the South) and the only white ensemble that I had was a sleeveless peplum fit and a peplum doesn't look so great under a blazer so I wore the next best thing, black and white. I wanted to keep my accessories simple since I was "out of dress code" and I wore the most comfortable shoes that I own because my feet were sore from the week's workout. I will wear this dress again under better conditions and add my own personal style to them!
 
 
Dress: Asos
Clutch: Aldo
Heels: Nine West
 


Thank you to everyone who reads my blog. Please leave questions and comments below. Follow me on Instagram @chaneldior1913. Check out my closet sale if you have not already, I have reduced the price of items and everything is brand new, never worn, with tags attached.
http://jarfullofglam.storeenvy.com

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous blog Renee! Love it. I will be checking it out frequently for some style tips. Love the peplum belt. Wishing you great success in all that you set your mind to do.
    Cece.

    ReplyDelete