Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things Review and FOTD


The Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things palette was a limited edition Sephora holiday exclusive. The palette sold out pretty quickly in most places but you may be able to find it in a few Sephora stores. It comes with 20 eyeshadows, 2 bronzers, 2 blushes, a lip stain, a mascara, and a makeup bag.


What I loved: I find that a lot of palettes are usually missing transition eyeshadow shades for brown skin women but this palette has enough shades for a complete look, though out of habit I used my Mac shadows for the look below. I loved the makeup bag that accompanied the set. I think the packaging is simple, yet functional, and gorgeous. This set was a great value considering there were 20 shadows and the average palette has 12, and not to mention tons of extras. 

What I am not featuring: I appreciate palettes that include extras because it's a great way for customers to discover additional products from the company, so it's a win-win situation for both parties. However, I don't think bronzers should be included in sets because they aren't inclusive of everyone. The chocolate soleil bronzer included in this set works best on medium skin tones, excluding the girls with fair or deep complexions. I can probably use the bronzer for all over shimmer but I prefer to use bronzers as contouring powder, so my brown skin needs a deeper shade. I like the sun bunny as a highlighter so I feel that is an extra that could work for everyone. I can probably work with both shades of the blush but they aren't colors that I usually reach for. I have not tried the mascara. I don't know anyone that enjoys that lip stain. It's a lip plumping formula and the name of the color is Bee Sting. I think Too Faced meant that literally. When I applied the color my lips burned and quivered and felt as if I had been bitten by an insect. It was very uncomfortable and the sensation lasts for several minutes. A fellow blogger advised me to throw it in the trash and I could not agree with her more. 




Overall: though I wish the extras were better, I  can not complain as I simply love the product based on the shadows and the packaging. I paid $41 for this set with a coupon (retails for $56) so it was well worth the price for me. 



Here is how I used the palette:
To define my brows I used concealer from the Coastal Scents camo palette
To contour my eyes, I mixed Mac Texture and Swiss Chocolate 
From the Too Faced palette I used Buche de Noel, Honey Honey, and Dark chocolate
I used Mac Indigo on my water line
Lorac front of the line liquid liner on my lash line
Mac Zoomlash mascara on bottom lashes
747 L eyelashes
 
For this look I used the following products on my face:
Elf mineral primer
Smashbox under eye primer
Urban Decay Naked foundation in 11.0
Lamik Mineral powder in warm caramel to set foundation
Mac Pro longwear concealer in NW40 set with Ben NYE banana powder
MAC Perfectly Poised MSF as highlighter
 
Lips:
Dark lips - Mac liner in smolder applied all over lips
Fuschia tone - Mac Strong Woman lipstick with Mac currant liner
Deep Red - Mac Sin lipstick with Mac Currant liner

I hope that you found this review helpful. If you have additional questions or comments please feel free to leave them in the comment section below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment